HENRY BERGSON CAREER SUMMARY
Henry Bergson Associates, LLC, Katonah, New York
President and Chief Executive Officer, 2008–Present
Consulting firm with extensive expertise in sales and marketing, particularly through independent representatives to the electrical marketplace. Expertise includes; new product introductions, sales force creation, development and training. Provides consulting services to independent representative firms, manufacturers and electrical representatives’ networking groups.
National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association (NEMRA), Tarrytown, New York
President and Chief Executive Officer, 1985–2009
A national trade association of electrical industry independent representatives firms and manufacturing companies. Over the past 20-plus years, helped hundreds of senior-level executives integrate independent manufacturers’ representatives into their sales forces.
• Directed manufacturers to NEMRA representatives in local market areas. Assisted established
electrical manufacturers and vendors new to the electrical channel based on in-depth knowledge
of the packages of electrical products, the local representatives sell, and personalities of the
• Cultivated relationships with potential NEMRA members, industry associations, media and other
key communicators in the electrical market.
• Spoke out for the best interests of NEMRA members and the manufacturers they represent,
in corporate board rooms, industry magazines, and at industry conferences, trade shows, and
other public forums.
• Frequent speaker on representative issues at electrical industry and related industry conferences
and training sessions for; associations, representatives groups, electrical leagues, distributors
GCS Service Incorporated, Chappaqua, New York
Vice President of Operations, 1983–1985
Tork Incorporated, Mount Vernon, New York
Director of Marketing, 1978–1983
Federal Signal Corporation, Blue Island, Illinois
Director of Sales Planning, Regional Sales Manager, 1970–1978
• University of New Hampshire, Bachelor’s of Science degree in Business Administration, 1967
• Keller School of Graduate Management, courses toward MBA.
Captain in US Army, served in Germany and Vietnam, 1967–1970
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:
• Chairman of the Board of Fire Commissioners of the Katonah, NY, Fire District and active
• Chief of the Katonah, NY, Volunteer Fire Department and Chairman of the Katonah, NY,
Fire Department’s Board of Directors.
• Currently serving on Westchester County, NY, Fire Advisory Board.
• President of the Westchester County, NY, Association of Fire Districts.
• Community Advisory Board to the Bedford Hills, NY and Taconic, NY, Correctional Facilities.
• Active in local church and served as the church’s financial chairman, chair of the personnel
committee, and currently serving as financial chairman of the capital campaign.